“One is never overdressed or underdressed with a LITTLE BLACK DRESS”
– Karl Lagerfeld
Admit it, A Little Black Dress to your closet is what oxygen is for your life- NECESSARY!
Okay! I might be exaggerating the point but there is no denying that every girl owns at least one black dress aka LBD. Fashionista swear by it, as it suits every body type and there is nothing more classy and versatile like it. No matter how many LBD you own, you should always experiment with its styling to stand out from the crowd. Black dress can be transformed for different occasions by adding details, layering and accessorizing it accordingly. Here we are listing 10 ways to revamp your LBD to make the most of it. So, go on and save yourself from splurging on new dresses. 🙂
1. Gone are the days when wearing heels with dresses was an unspoken rule. You can team up a quirky sneaker with your flared LBD for a casual outing with friends. Compliment your look with a cute backpack and TADAA.. you are ready to charm anyone with your cute college girl look.
Buy trendy sneakers here.
2. You can use your strapless black dress to create a look which is completely different from your original dress. All you have to do is to wear a light coloured button down shirt with it, and trust me you will be amazed with the result. Not only tube dress but your sleeveless dresses can also be teamed up with underneath shirts for a geeky chic look.
3. When in doubt, layer it up! Yes ladies, the easiest way to look like a celebrity is to wear checkered shirts, monochrome shrugs, oversized coats and cardigans with your dress and compliment the look with heels. Also if you feel your dress is too short, you can always trust the oversized trench coats for a win win combo 🙂
buy trench coat here.
4. Dresses and tough look, seems opposite? not anymore! Dress like the Rockstar you are by combining your leather jacket with your black dress. Wear boots and aviators for a biker chic look.
Buy trendy biker jackets here.
5. Team up your LBD with stockings or knee length boots for an edgy look. Compliment your look with smoky eyes 🙂
Buy stockings here.
6. Go BOHO!! Surprised?? As we perceive bohemian look and tailored black dress as two completely different looks, but its time to throw away those misconceptions. Team up your favourite black dress with oxidised silver jewellery for a bohemian look. This look is chic and free spirited , all at the same time
Buy silver jewellery here.
7. Metallic Belt turn your cute dress to a red carpet outfit just by adding a metallic belt with it. Take a cue from celebrities and rock that Sci-Fi Chic look effortlessly.
Buy metallic belt here
8. Neon Handbag Pop up some colour in your outfit by carrying a neon coloured handbag with your black dress. Not only it will add some colour but also is a easy option if you are running short of other accessories.
Buy similar neon handbags here
9. The most loved look by fashion stylists and designers is head-to-toe black, the reason is IT’S CHIC !! Over all black gives sophistication to your look. Wear your classy black dress with black pumps with minimal accessories for a classy look. A black blazer/shrug and black glasses can also be teamed up with the dress. This look is perfect for attending formal parties, office get together and surely will match your persona, because sometime “Less is More!”
Shop the look
10. If you want to have more fun and relaxed look in parties, team up your black dress with colourful blazer. Not only it will add colour to your otherwise black ensemble but also instantly transform you into a head turner. Wear some matching neckpiece or earrings to complete the look. So, open your wardrobe and find your long forgotten coat to team up with your LBD 🙂
shop similar blazer here
So the basic rule is There are no rules at all! I have listed only few ways, you can experiment with your LBD with other accessories for ex. an embellished collar, hair accessories, statement footwears and what not. The only thing to keep in mind is Keep it Simple Keep it Chic!!
Alright Guys this is it from my side, Hope you enjoyed the post. Also I would like to see how you styled your LBD in comment section 🙂
Photo Courtesy : Pinterest