The very first thing that catches people’s ’ attention is undeniably our face and no matter how much we preach about inner beauty, mainly, a look at our face decides the amount of interest we get. Our faces are a window to our nutrition and over all lifestyle. It is not enough to treat yourself with external beauty tricks; a chiseled jawline and high cheekbones are meant to outline the face and give it a sharp edge.
Achieving a strong jawline and toned face needs dedication, accounting your diet as well as exercise. So here are some of the exercises that are known to work like axes to shape that face of you.
1) Chin Lifts
This exercise is a great way to get rid of a double chin. It assists in working and stretching most of the facial muscles which includes jaw, throat and neck. Remember, only lips should be used when performing this exercise. You can perform this exercise either in the sitting or standing position. Begin by tilting your head towards the ceiling, keeping your eyes fixed towards it. Now, make your lips tight, as if trying to kiss the ceiling. Hold it for 10 seconds then relax. Repeat 10 times a day.
2) Fish Face
This exercise is also termed as “smiling fish face” and is the simplest and very effective exercises for cheeks. You can do it anywhere, like while watching T.V or listening to your favorite song. It is actually fun and one of the best exercises. This exercise helps in toning and spreading cheek muscles which burns fat. Just suck in your cheeks and lips like in the picture and now try smiling. Hold the posture for 5 seconds. You will feel your cheeks and jaw muscles burning. Repeat this 10 times a day.
3) Lips Pull
The lips pull is one of the most effective facial yoga exercises. Practicing it regularly lifts up your face muscles and takes away the wrinkles, leaving your face looking more youthful and full of glow. In a standing or sitting position, keep your head in the normal position. Now, lift your lower lip up as much as possible by pushing the lower jaw out. You will feel the stretch and strain building in the chin muscles and jaw line. Hold this posture for 10 to 15 seconds then relax. Repeat 10 times.
4) Blowing Air
This exercise is known to work up all the facial and neck muscles, leading to effective results in getting rid of double chin and chubby cheeks. It affects the cheeks, jaw and neck muscles toning them to provide a natural face lift and a leaner appearance. Sit with your spine straight and tilt your head back to any extent possible to make sure that you face the ceiling. Now, pull your lips and blow out air from your mouth. Continue for 10 seconds then relax. Repeat 10 times.
Practicing these 4 exercises regularly will help you tone down your face into a perfectly sculpted one but along with this, all body work-out would make the process faster and much more effective. All this done, we also need the inner body regimen to compliment and add to the exercise process and that would be Diet.
- Eat as many vegetables as you can. Veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and sprouts are saturated with vitamins and minerals that help lighten up your skin providing it with all the nutrients it needs.
- Olive oil and Coconut oil are super healthy and help in burning face fat by providing healthy oils that are necessary for your body.
- Eggs! Eat as much of them as you can, preferably only the whites, as they are full of fat burning protein, vitamins and several other nutrients. They also tend to keep you full for a long time which helps cut down your mid-day munching.
- Dark chocolates, the ones with above 78 per cent cocoa, are known to have more antioxidants than strawberries and act as fat burning stimulants. Talking of antioxidants, green tea is the best tea. Drink it in gallops!
- Beans and berries have so much of fibers in them which helps flush out the toxic waste of the body. Go for Greek yogurts, that too plain ones. They are high in protein.
- Chillies and peppers are known to be the best in burning calories. They contain certain active ingredients such as ‘capsaicin’ that supports calorie burning and steadying blood sugar.
Now boost yourself up for all the sitting exercises and all the tasty and yet amazingly healthy food to chisel your face into one like Audrey Hepburn!