For beginners make-up can be quite daunting, and applying it can be one’s worst nightmare. Been there, done that! But make-up is a beautiful art and it shouldn’t be intimidating.
So, calling out all you make-up virgins! Here we give you a checklist of make-up products that are ideal for any beginner or a teenage college student make-up box for almost every occasion, yes we got you covered! 😀 And also a thorough guide for applying make-up so that it doesn’t feel like a task anymore! 🙂
- BB cream or tinted moisturizer
Save: Maybelline Clear Glow BB Cream
Splurge: MAC prep + prime BB beauty balm
Save: Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte
Splurge: NYX HD Studio Photoready foundation
Save: Rimmel London Hide The Blemish Concealer
Splurge: MAC Studio Finish Concealer
- Compact (preferably translucent powder)
Save: Lakme Radiance Compact
Splurge: Revlon Photoready Compact
- Eyeliner (preferably a stick)
Save: Colorbar Precision Waterproof Eyeliner
Splurge: MAC liquidlast Eyeliner
- Kajal (smudge proof)
Save: Maybelline Colossal Kajal
Splurge: Oriflame Kohl Kajal Pencil
- Mascara (waterproof)
Save: Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara
Splurge: L’Oreal Paris Volume Million Lashes Mascara
- Eye-shadow (small palette)
Save: Lakme 9 to 5 Quartert
Splurge: Maybelline Nudes Palette
- Lip gloss/Lipstick (one nude and one color pop essentially)
- Lip liner
Save: Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Liner
Save: Maybelline Cheeky Glow
Splurge: MAC Pinch me blush
- Make-up remover (preferably herbal)
Save: Any herbal facial oil
Splurge: Maybelline Clean Express Total Clean Make-up Remover
- Make-up brushes and eyelash curler
Splurge: Real Techniques
Optional: Primer, bronzer, highlighter, brow pencil.
You don’t have to intimidate by this list already, once you start using these products you will get hang of every make-up product that there is! 🙂
Steps of Make-up:
- Clean your face with cleanser or wipe out with toner.
- Primp-up your skin with moisturizer or primer to lay smooth surface for make-up to glide on.
- If it’s a special occasion take foundation otherwise BB cream would do. Going from your cheeks to your eyes blend in circular motion with finger tips/make-up brush. Cover all your face and neck.Confused what to buy? Find our foundation and make-up brushes guide here: Beauty guide : All about foundation and Taking care of make up brushes.
- After Foundation use a concealer to hide stubborn spot that foundation couldn’t cover. Dab a little bit on the blemish and blend in.
- Set everything in place with translucent powder. If you have dry skin, use very little.
- Time for eyes! For eyebrows take an eyebrows pencil and thicken your eyebrows. Now with the help of eye-shadow brush apply eye-shadow on the lid of the eyes. Next use brown/black eyeliner and apply along the upper lash line in short strokes. Take kajal now and apply on waterline of the eyes. Lastly curl your eyelashes with the help of eyelash curler and apply mascara.
- Focus to cheeks! Pucker your lips as you are blowing a kiss. Apply blush on the apple of your cheeks and blend towards your temples.
- Lips! Line your lips with the help of lip-liner. Refer to the picture below. Now fill in the liner and then apply lipstick. If you want your lipstick to last long then dab a little translucent powder and remove access with a tissue paper.
- Check the make-up for final touches and you are done! 😀
I hope it solves all the queries of you make-up virgins. If you have anything else to ask, comment in the box below! J And for more beauty hacks, inspirations, tutorial keep reading India Fashion Blogger! xoxo
Image courtesy: uk.pinterest.com