Toxins are anything that are harmful for the body or anything that disturb the normal functioning of the body. They can enter body through air you breathe, water , foods you take and even the mood you be in. These are the substances that frequently get us sick and get us easily affected by infections and diseases. Apparently, we all must take time to detoxify the body and mind to ensure proper functioning of all the organs in the body.
Detoxifying helps you boost your metabolism and improves your digestive, circulatory and respiratory sytems. It increases immunity and tackles the body functioning. Just the way we declutter the mess in our homes once in a specific duration, it’s a necessity to declutter our bodies too in order to live a happy and healthy life. These are the 10 easy and natural ways to detoxify your body.
1. Drink plenty of water
Drinking more water is pretty much the solution to cure many mood and body disorders or malfunctioning. It also helps to detox the clutter out of the body in the following ways
- Breaks down anything you eat into digestible form
- Drinking more water prevents constipation and anxiety as well
- Keeps you healthy , lively and hydrated all day
- Helps smooth functioning of body
- Regulates body temperature and metabolism
- Fights fat and helps weight loss
This is the most inexpensive yet effective way to detoxify your body. It you cannot have water all day. Squeeze a lemon and have it, you can also add apple cider vinegar for better detoxification. Researches say that , 8 glasses is the required amount of water to drink every day but, it’s not the same for all. It always depends on how you spent your whole day. If you work out a lot, it’s so suggestible to drink plenty of water everyday in order to detoxify your body and keep yourself fit and healthy.
2. Say good morning with a lemon juice
One cup of lemon juice contains surplus of vitamin C required to serve the body for a day. Here’s how lemon juice aids to detox your body
- eases stomach upset
- Helps body to process good nutrients intake
- Refreshes mood
- Contains magnesium, copper and potassium essential for proper body functioning
- Improves digestion
- Posses anti-obese effects ( helps reduce weight)
- Supports kidney and liver functions
To get all these benefits and a perfect detox, all you’re supposed to do is, squeeze a lemon in a glass full of water and drink it every morning on empty stomach. This declutters and detoxifies body and skin as well. This is an added bonus! For enhanced results, use warm or hot water. Do not hesitate to add honey if required. It’s the simplest and zero- penny investment to get rid of the toxins from your body.
3.Exercise, exercise and exercise
Everyone is aware of the fact that exercise strengthens the body and aids weight loss. But you must also know that it also helps you declutter your body from harmful toxins. Know how exercise helps to detoxify your body
- Causes sweating , thereby removing extra salts and bad toxins out of the body
- boosts the lymphatic system and air flow
- steps up digestion, circulation and oragan functioning
- Releases endorphins which detox your brain as well by reducing stress , anxiety giving you positive energy.
Practising exercise regularly helps you lubricate joints and makes you energetic , active and flexible besides effectively detoxifying your body and brain!
4.Go green with a green tea
It’s quite a tough errand for people like me out there to quit coffee. But when you are aimed at flushing out toxins from your body, you should be determined enough to deal with it! Instead you can have a green tea. These are good deeds green tea does to detox your body.
- Full of antioxidants which help the body to relax and detox
- Contains fat-burning micronutrients
- Boosts the creation of glutathione , an antioxidant that flushes out toxins effectively from the body
- Helps reduce weight and anxiety
It’s good to consume green tea 2 to 3 times in a day to detoxify your body and brain as well. If you are not a lover of green tea like me, you can switch to other herbal teas!
5.Practise healthy food habits
It’s time to educate yourself about the food habits you need to change and foods you need to keep at a bay for smooth functioning of the body. Diet plays a major role in toxic build up inside the body and most of the income of toxins is through the food we take. These are ways to avoid toxins through foods we take
- Consume plenty of fibres as they help to clean the colon which the most important part to detox the body
- Eat raw vegetables, herbs and fruits
- Minimise the intake of toxic oils like peanut oil, sunflower oil and cotton seed oil. Instead go for healthy oils like extra virgin oil, olive oil, coconut oil, flax seed oil , hemp oil which are full of nutrients and omega 3.
- Reduce white sugar intake as white sugar intake is proportional to toxic build up inside the body. Substitute it with honey or mollases whenever possible
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
Following healthy diet not only helps you keep your body rid of toxins but also improves your health , skin and makes you look more glowing and alive.
6.Dry Skin brushing helps
The primary way to detoxify your body is by detoxifying your lymphatic and digestive system. Infact, liver is also a part of lymphatic system and you all know how important decluttering liver is to declutter body. Lymphs are present underneath the skin. Here’s how skin brushing helps to detoxify body
- Improves circulation and lymphatic flow
- Removes toxins by exfoliating skin
- Improves immune system
- Removes dead skin cells and wastes in pores
- Releases and drains toxins
- Stimulates skin and lymph nodes and lymphatic system on whole
How to skin brush?
You can either go for dry skin brush or use some warm water to gently rub your body before you start brushing.
- Start right from the feet and go bottom to up towards the heart as lymphatic flow is towards the heart.
- While skin brushing at the abdomenal area, go with circular movements. First to bottom towards pelvis then back towards heart.
Hot steam bath and Sauna can also do exfoliate and help the same. Skin brushing can be done with any soft brushes. However, there are special kind of brushes which serve the purpose available on general stores as well as online sites. You’re provided with the link to buy it online!
7.Blend a smoothie
This is my favourite way to pump out toxins from the body. Smoothies are favourite to many. All we know is how delicious they’re to have. But they do lot good to our body than we know. Know how a smoothie works to detox from below
- It can help you obtain the nutrients and vitamins according to the season. The ingredients you blend makes all the sense!
- Boosts up energy
- Replace one meal with smoothie. This can help you reduce weight and fat as well. I prefer replacing the breakfast as this gives you a fresh beginning of a day!
- Improves hydration
- Serves multi purpose . For instance, smoothie which contains spinach, blue berries and banana helps you cleanse your liver, improve digestion and increase bowel functioning all at the same time
The best part about smoothies is that they’re are super customizable. You can blend any number of fruits and veggies together as you want and enjoy the taste. You can go for exclusive green vegetable smoothies as well. Blend chia and flax seeds in every smoothie for improved detoxification.
8.Deal with stress
Toxins enter into our body for various reasons. Stress is one of them. In order to purge the toxic unwanted wastes out of the body and brain, it’s necessary to reduce stress and anxiety. Check the ways to reduce stress given below
- Sleep plenty. Body requires enough sleep to function in harmony and to relax. So a minimum of 6-7 hours of sleep a day is compulsory
- Meditation. This helps you reduce stress and detox brain. It relieves tension as well.
- Deep breathing. This helps you remove carbon dioxide, lactic acid and other lymphatic fluids from body and allows oxygen to circulate completely inside the body
Make time to relieve all your in stress by doing yout favourite activities or anything that makes you feel light, refreshed and relaxed . It may be cycling, photography, dancing , swimming etc. This way you can detox your body and mind effectively and effortlessly.
Many people are likely to term massage as something extravagant or just for amusement. But it’s important to know how it helps to detoxify your body
- Stimulates certain pressure points which help cure several diseases
- Relaxes muscles and mind
- Stroking movements accentuate lymphatic flow
- Drains out toxins especially when massage is done around and towards the pelvis area where most of the toxic ways are clogged
- Relieves tension
- Soothes and comforts various body parts
It’s suggestible to get the massage from experts rather than doing at home as they’re more aware of dealing with the pressure points and you need not worry about the intensity of massage.
10.Super foods are your best buddies
Superfoods are those foods which contain essential nutrients and antioxidants in abundance. Consuming them helps you fight diseases and remove toxins from the body. Here are some super foods that help in body detox
- fish oil, ginger, mint, pineapple, lentils, black pepper help in digestion
- papaya, spinach , tomatoes, broccoli, walnuts, garlic help prevent cancer
- wheat grass, dark chocolate, extra virgin oil, oat meal improve heart health
- Other super foods like sprouts, carrots, honey, onion, kiwi, mangoes, pomegranates, sweet potatoes, oranges , almond milk, avocado, yogurt, apples, blueberries help in improving immune system and fighting diseases.
It’s good to incorporate these superfoods in every diet in one form or the other. Like smoothies, juices, salads etc. These superfoods do the job of detoxifying body and are super healthy as well.
Along with all the above tips, there’s one other simple thing you all are supposed to do in addition. Laugh more! Laughing improves your health and reduces stress to minimum. So laugh more and fill your day with positivity. This is the simple tip to live longer and happier.
CHEERS TO A HAPPY LIFE AHEAD!