“Good hair days make me feel like I can rule the world.”
Hair fall and damaged hair are one of the major problems that both the gender faces. Due to the pollution, inappropriate food habits, carelessness, and irregular hair maintenance hair fall has become more prevalent. It is very important to maintain a healthy, smooth and strong hair.
Don’t worry if you have been careless till now, follow these tips and make it your habit and you will be astonished to see natural and amazing results within 2-3 months.
To prevent hair fall and for a healthy hair growth, it is very important to have a proper food that contains nutrients for enriching your cells in the scalp and strengthening your hair. Vitamins and proteins must be in a larger quantity in your routine food habit.
1. Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a good source of cell growth. It helps the skin glands make an oily substance called sebum that moisturizes the scalp and helps in maintaining a healthy hair. Cod-liver oil, sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach, kale, milk, yogurt are some rich sources of vitamin A.
B-vitamin called biotin is one of the best vitamins for hair growth. It helps to carry oxygen and nutrients to your scalp. It also helps in cell proliferation and produces amino acids that are the key elements for hair growth. Whole grains, meat, greens, seafood, soy are all good sources of B-Vitamins.
3. Vitamin C
People suffer damaged hair and hair fall due to oxidation stress. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that protects against the oxidation stress Vitamin C also helps your body absorb iron, a mineral necessary for hair growth. Citrus fruits, pepper, amla, Strawberries, guava are good sources of vitamin-C. Vitamin C is also required for the production of collagen that makes capillaries that connect to the hair shafts strong thus helping for a good hair growth.
Iron is an essential mineral that your hair cells require. Deficiency of iron in the body makes the roots of hair get weak thus causing hair loss. Dates, Palak, Spinach, etc must be included in your food to keep your hair roots strengthened.
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids nourish your hair and increase its density. Cod –liver oil, flaxseed, walnuts, eggs, and enriched dairy products are rich in omega-3. Include any one of these in your meal daily.
Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated and cool. When your body gets hot it also causes hair fall. Drink Fresh juices at snack intervals and take in lots of juicy fruits to keep your body cool.
3-Organic Home remedies:
Take 1 – 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil/ almond oil/ regular oil you use.
1. Slightly warm the oil and put it into a small bowl.
2. Gently apply the warm oil to your scalp and the hair roots. Massage in small, circular motions, use a hair massager for better results.
3. Leave the oil on for about 30 minutes or overnight, and then shampoo as usual.
4. Do it twice or thrice a week and see the results within 2-3 months.
Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
• 5-6 Indian gooseberries
• 1 cup pure coconut oil
1. Dry the gooseberries. Boil the dried Indian gooseberries in coconut oil till the oil turns black.
2. Wait for the oil to get cooled down.
3. Massage your scalp with this oil and apply till the tip of your hair.
4. Leave it for 20-30 mins and shampoo your hair as usual.
5. Do it weekly once.
1. Wash your hair first and dry it.
2. Extract the pulp content from the leaf and rub into your hair, massage in circular motions.
3. Leave it on for about 15 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Repeat the process thrice a week after you have taken a head bath.
• 2 green tea bags
• 3 cups of hot water
1. Make a plain green tea. Allow it to cool down.
2. Use this solution to rinse your hair.
3. Massage the solution over your scalp. After Shampoo conditioner, use this solution twice a week.
Egg White Mask
• 2 eggs
1. Separate the yolk and egg white.
2. Beat the egg white till you get an even consistency.
3. Use a hair dye brush and apply the egg white to your scalp and hair.
4. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave it on for about 30 minutes. Then, rinse with mild shampoo in cold water.
4-Hair loss prevention shampoo:
Choose your shampoo depending on your hair texture.
Recommended shampoos: L’Oreal, Himalayas, Pantene, Vaadi herbal shampoo, and dove are some good products. Twice a week make sure you use Shampoo once and shiakkai once as using shiakkai is one of the best organic ways to clean your hair and keep it strong.
5-Good Hair wash:
Washing your hair properly with shampoo and conditioner twice a week is very important to remove all the pollutants, dirt and dandruff. While applying shampoo take partitions and massage it thoroughly in your scalps. Then apply conditioner and leave it for 4-5 min and then rinse the conditioner well. Wash your hair in cold water or Luke warm water.
Follow these, and make your hair healthy and strong. Flaunt your hair with confidence…