The cosmetic and skin care industry is booming today, which basically tells us that this is important to us. But here are some fruits that will help you get healthy skin while you ditch the chemicals and go all natural.
- CucumbersCucumbers are high in water content and keep you hydrated. They are great natural face toners for dry skin and can also be used as a face mask. Cucumbers contain vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and biotin will make sure to keep your body cool from inside and your skin stays hydrated and protected even during the hot summer days. You can include it in your daily diet or grate it and apply on your skin to moisturize it. It has been known to aid in skin lightening and wrinkle reduction.
- LemonWe have all heard of warm lemon honey water and its magical effects. In addition to boosting your metabolism, lemons have many advantages. They help in keeping our skin and hair healthy. Lemons are high in vitamin C and an antioxidant. They help flush out toxins and keep your skin firm, radiant and young. You can include lemon in a variety of ways in your diet and also the application of lemon juice is a remedy for oily, acne-prone skin and dark circles.
- PapayaPapayas aid in digestion, which is an important part of healthy skin, and is another fruit that is very rich in vitamin C. Papayas contain vitamins A, C, B and minerals such as copper, potassium, and magnesium. They also contain enzymes that help prevent skin damage by free radicals and have antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Use it as natural face mask could help reducing acne problems and exfoliating dead skin while consuming it on a daily basis will provide your body enough vitamin C for collagen production and repairing aged skin. Papaya is also rich in water to keep your skin hydrated.
- StrawberryStrawberries are great for acne-prone skin. The combination of vitamin C and anti-oxidant ellagic acid found in strawberry will prevent premature aging and acne. This is because strawberries contain salicylic acid, which is the primary content of many creams for acne treatment. You can add strawberries to your breakfast bowl, smoothies or even salads. You can also mash them and apply them on your face, this helps in revitalizing the skin by preventing excessive production of oil that causes oily skin.
- OrangesLike lemons, oranges too are rich in vitamin C- which is an antioxidant. This basically means that oranges can prevent skin damage and reduce skin inflammation. Try to have oranges every alternate day and include them in your salads, smoothies, cakes, etc. You can also apply the orange juice to reduce pigmentation, or mix it with gram flour and honey and apply as a pack.
- WatermelonJust like cucumber, more than 90% of watermelon is made from water which screams hydrated body and skin. Hydrated skin is the first step for a healthy and radiant skin. Incorporating watermelon in your daily life is very simple. Try to have a medium bowl of watermelon every day during summers. Drink freshly made watermelon juice. You can also make a fruit salad with watermelon or add watermelon to add a zing to your otherwise dull smoothie. You can also mash a watermelon and apply it on your skin. If you have oily skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 tablespoon of Fuller’s earth, and 1 teaspoon of rose water. Rinse with cold water after the mask dries.In case of dry skin, mix 3 tablespoons of watermelon juice, 1 tablespoon of lime juice, 1 teaspoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of aloe vera. Rinse off after 10 minutes.
Grapes are antioxidants that help protect the skin from UV damage and skin cancer. It is also a rich source of vitamins C, K and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. You can add grapes to your breakfast or smoothies or have them as a snack. Applying mashed grapes to your skin also rejuvenates your skin.
This fruit is super rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene could work as anti-oxidant as well to protect your skin from the worst treatment of free radicals. They are also rich in sugar and dietary fiber, which helps treat constipation. In fact, mangoes are already used in the cosmetic industry to create hair and skin butter that have shown wound healing properties.
Pomegranates are rich in vitamins C, K, and folate, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.The seeds are great natural face mask while the juice could be used as natural face toner with apple cider vinegar. Try having a pomegranate a day and also include it in your face masks to keep all skin problems at bay.
Banana is another fruit that really aids in constipation and like we discussed earlier, a good digestive system is a key to healthy skin. Rubbing the banana peel on your acne can help you get rid of the scars. The secret behind the healing properties of bananas is that they are rich in dietary fibers, vitamins A, C, K, E, and minerals such as potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Bananas are a very good natural moisturizer and antioxidants and also possess antimicrobial properties. So for healthy skin, definitely try making bananas your best friend.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? But do you know why? Apples are rich in vitamins A and C, dietary fiber, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. They have antioxidant properties and help scavenge the harmful free oxygen radicals. The peel of the apple has also been found to be rich in antioxidants. The next time you pick up an apple, don’t peel it. Just wash and bite into that natural goodness.
Gooseberry or amla, as we know it, is rich in vitamin C and has antioxidant properties. Gooseberries also have anti-inflammatory, wound healing, and GI tract soothing properties. They are highly sought after fruits by the cosmetic industry and Amla can be used to treat all your skin problems at home. Making gooseberry juice is a very easy way of including it in your diet.
- KiwiFor everyone with dark circles, say hello to Kiwi! The high vitamin C content of kiwis help them protect our skin. Kiwis additionally advance collagen amalgamation and help avoid wrinkles. Like most fruits, include kiwis in your diet in the form of smoothies and fruit salads. You can also mash and apply it to your face.
If your skin is getting drier and hair is getting duller, this fruit maybe the answer to your prayers. Guava contains some properties like vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin K, lycopene and quite rich in water. Those combinations will make your skin look younger due to optimal production of collagen promoted by vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K. Lycopene is well known as one of the powerful antioxidants to prevent premature aging caused by free radicals.
The sweet and tart pineapples are rich in protein, dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate, and minerals like calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. Pineapples contain a catalyst called bromelain, which has mitigating, anticancer, and wound mending properties. Applying pineapple on the burnt human skin can help expel the dead skin cells and accelerate the way toward mending it.
The sweet and delicious apricots see humble, but they are furious when it comes to securing the human body from free oxygen radicals. They are rich in vitamins A, C, K, and folate. Apricots are moreover stacked with dietary fiber that makes a difference progress bowel development. And in conclusion, analysts found that apricots can offer assistance avoid endothelial cell death.
In case you need to make your skin shine, make sure you expend and apply a peach face mask. Peaches are rich in vitamins A, C, E, and K and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and dietary fiber.They are moreover an incredible source of cancer prevention agents that offer assistance scavenge the free oxygen radicals, subsequently anticipating DNA harm and photodamage. Make peach slices a regular addition to your breakfast bowl if you aren’t already.
Sweet, red, and tasty, cherries are not only great to taste, but they too have the capacity to repair and protect your skin from harm. They are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. Cherries moreover have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may help avoid skin damage.
The watery and subtle-tasting muskmelon can do ponders for your skin. It is wealthy in dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, K, and folate, and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, and sodium. Muskmelon has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. In truth, researchers have found that muskmelons can offer assistance treat psoriasis. So, when it comes to skin treatment, you should not disregard muskmelon. A face pack of muskmelon, grape juice, and lime juice really helps get rid of uneven pigmentation.
Prunes are dried plums. They have high fiber substance and are rich in vitamins A, K, and niacin and minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium. The fiber in prunes makes a difference avoid constipation, which is one of the reasons your skin looks so gloomy and is acne inclined. Researchers have found that prune juice can offer assistance increment the weight of stool and progress bowel development. So, on the off chance that you are suffering from constipation, you ought to certainly try prune juice. Definitely, add prune juice to your daily diet for healthy skin.
Hope you enjoyed the post. We would love to see your feedback in the comment box below. 🙂