“I tried to kill a spider with hair spray today. He is still alive but his hair looks fabulous.” 😛
Hair spray assists brilliantly to keep the hair in place and add texture to it. Hair sprays help us try out any fun hairstyle, de-frizz the hair and add volume to the hair as well. But the hairsprays that are available in markets are chemical laden and they damage the hair badly. They are expensive too.
Instead of pouring too many bucks into buying those artificial hair sprays that aid in no way, try out these super easy, economical and natural hair sprays that can be prepared at home easily. They require not less than 10 minutes and the procedure is pretty simple. Here are the three cushy recipes. Try them out!
1. Sugar & essential oil hair spray
Sugar – 1 spoon
Water – 1 glass
Essential oil – 5-6 drops
- Take a glass of water, pour it into a vessel and boil it until it gets lukewarm.
Take it off and add a spoonful of sugar to it.
- Mix it until the sugar gets completely dissolved.
- Add 5-6 drops of any essential oil to it.
- Stir the whole thing well again and your hairspray is done!
This is a super easy recipe and everyone can do this as all the ingredients are available easily in any store. This recipe is so economical, quick and has zero side effects. The sugar helps open up the pores and aids hair growth naturally. If you have this serum, believe me, you’ll never step back while trying out any hairstyle!
2. Lemon hair spray
Water – 1 glass
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Essential oil- 5-6 drops
Glycerine- half tablespoon
- Take a glass of water, add 1 tablespoon of salt, a half tablespoon of glycerin and boil it until all the ingredients get properly mixed with water.
- Take it off, add 5-6 drops of essential oil and stir the whole mixture and your hairspray is done!
This hairspray is perfect for any occasion. Besides keeping the hair in place, glycerin moisturizes the hair follicles from the roots. It helps in smoothening the hair and de-frizzes the hair as well. Lavender or olive oil can be preferred in this recipe. This is simple and low budget way to make your hair look amazing for any party or occasion.
3.Orange & vodka hair spray
Freshly extracted orange juice/pulp – 1 cup
Water- 2 cups
Vodka ( or any suitable alcohol )- 2-3 table spoons
Lavender oil- 5-6 drops
- Mix one cup of freshly extracted orange pulp and two cups of fresh water.
- Boil the mixture on low flame until the whole mixture is well mixed and boiled.
- Let it cool and strain the mixture through a filter cloth or sieve.
- Add few drops of lavender oil and 2-3 spoons of vodka to the mixture and stir it well. Now the hair spray is ready to use.
This hair spray is particularly useful and effective for dark hair colour. Orange extract helps in multiplying the shine and vodka helps in thickening the hair. This hair spray aids in hair growth as well. Vodka acts as a disinfectant and prevents scalp infections which is an added bonus. Besides all, you will be amazed to see the results!
Tips and suggestions
- Make sure the spray bottle is clean and has proper misting nozzles before transferring the liquid into the bottle.
- Add coconut oil or coconut milk to add volume to the hair.
- Sea salts can also be added to texturize the hair.
- While spraying, separate the hair into sections and spray it evenly.