Being a college student I always search for affordable make-up items and yes! my search has just got ended when I found out these funky lipsticks in black and girly packaging. Recently Matte is the talk of the town, be it lipstick, foundation or nail polish. The popularity of matte has made its presence literally everywhere.
Since every brand has come out with their own version and now its time for the perkiest and affordable brand of India- Elle 18. Not just 1 or 2, they have come up with 20 stunning matte lipstick shades to take on the matte mania.
Enjoy the review of my pocket-friendly lipstick brand!
Price: Rs.100 for 4.3gm
Ingredients: Not mentioned
Swipes: I have done 2 swipes. For even dark lipped beauties 2-3 swipes would be enough.
Shade- Mauve Date
Elle 18 has recently changed its packaging and now it comes in a cute black plastic bullet with a twist up bottom. You can see the shade name and number printed on the bottom for more information.
- Easy to carry
We have already appreciated the huge range of shades Elle 18 provides. 20 shades of colour pops collection have letters like ‘R’ or ‘P’ written on the bottom of the case which indicate the house they belong to, like Red or Pink.
This might sound disappointing to most of the ladies but the finish of the Elle 18 lipstick isn’t exactly ‘matte’ by the definition but a flattering satin matte. I personally don’t like pure matte look hence this in between satin and matte finish is perfect for me.
- Dabbing some translucent powder on top, it can be instantly turned matte.
It might sound a little disappointing that it stays for 4-5 hours but it isn’t too bad for such an affordable pick. Also, the longevity depends a lot on the food and fluid intake.
- For long lasting colours simply dab with a tissue and layer it again.
- Wear a lip liner underneath. Lip liner will double the longevity.
- Fragrance: They have sweet smell especially that of cocoa butter.
- Moisturization: All the lipsticks have a moisturizing core to prevent lips from drying.
- Varieties: 20 colour pops shades! almost all the colours you have ever thought about.
- Affordable: For just 100 bucks, these are one of the best selling lipsticks in India
- Finish: It doesn’t have a pure matte finish so it might disappoint few.
- Staying power: With time it might transfer slightly.
- Reapplication is required.
- Ingredients: Not mentioned
India Fashion Blogger Rating:
Would I Recommend or repurchase?
Yes! I loved the way my lips stay hydrated without putting any burden on my pocket money and hence I already have lots of shades.
Do let us know your experience by commenting in the box below!