This is a specific addressing to all the beautiful and gorgeous wives across the globe. The occasion of Karva Chauth is almost here. The rituals begin way before the day of Karva Chauth and every married woman spends most of the time in their Shringar with Mehendi, jewellery and beautiful traditional dresses such as suits, sarees and even lehengas. Ladies of Northern India, especially in the states of U. P, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Punjab fast for the long lives of their husbands and observe the ritual from dusk till dawn. It is a tradition for the women to wake up before the sunrise and eat a plateful of edibles to help them get through the day without any food or water. According to the customs, the mother-in-law presents a thali of Sargi which ideally consists of mithai, mathri, dry fruits, coconut and some gifts like sarees, jewellery and others to bless the women for completion of the fast with true and seamless dedication.
As much as the diversity of rituals for the same occasion of Karva Chauth we observe throughout the country, we all agree that a glowing face and a beautiful attire makes women feel special and auspicious on that day. Having a glowing skin adds to the beauty manifolds. Now, a perfectly smooth skin. Find me one woman who does not want it.
Here are some tips to maintain your glowing skin before the occasion arrives. Get onto them, NOW!
- No matter how much you cover your face, it is always getting caked with pollutants and dust from even a partial exposure. The dead skin and natural oils seem to act as a catalyst and get accumulated on the skin. Use a gentle cleanser to remove this accumulation buildup will unclog your pores, preventing issues like acne.
- Exfoliating your skin is a little complicated. You see, more often is not useful; proper technique is. Five times day will not work as good as five minutes at once. Apply drops of your exfoliator on your cheeks, forehead and lower lip. Massage accordingly and apply decent pressure; don’t hurt yourself with it. Work in a circular motion. Prefer gel-based scrub instead of creme.
- Use preferably natural toners like rose water, green tea, and white vinegar which balance the pH of your skin.
- Use regular face pack which can be both brightening and tan-removing. Whip up your own pack by combining natural brighteners such as papaya, lemon, honey, milk, and tomatoes, which are readily available in most kitchens.
- Before you go to bed, make sure that your skin is free of every ounce of makeup. Your skin needs to breathe and relax. You can use oil or remover but I would suggest you go with baby oil since it is the softest on your skin. Massage it on your face and remove the residue afterwards
- Moisturize as much as you need to. Apply dots of your favourite moisturizer and massage it on your face every time you wash your face or go to bed after removing your makeup. Apply an eye serum of you feel the need.
- If you have dry skin, it would be a good idea to switch up to satin pillow covers that will minimize moisture loss. Always try to sleep on your back with your face up and invest in a good humidifier to keep your face hydrated.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking a lot of water. Even for your skin, I would suggest a water-based moisturizer for your daily use; creme based for the night. Lotions such as Lacto Calamine are an excellent base for your skin. You can choose your type as per your wish.
- Follow the ritual of cleansing, followed by toning and moisturizing every day.
- Make sure that you use a skin-friendly face pack after you’ve exfoliated because it makes your skin more absorbent and you don’t want any reactants getting inside your pores.
- One way to step your exfoliation up is steaming your face before you apply the product. Spend good ten to fifteen minutes steaming your face mildly and dab your face with a soft towel before you decide to scrub. It softens and opens your pores, making it easy for the granules to clean the gunk.
- Aloe vera gel goes a long way. Greenleaf natural aloe vera gel is my all time favourite. Massage a teas spoon of the gel after you have taken the face pack off. It will help your skin relax and absorb moisture from the gel. Wipe off the excess of gel and apply your favourite moisturizer.
- Use ingredients such as lemon, papaya, potato, honey, cucumber, tomato and other natural lightening agents in your daily regime through either moisturizer, pack or scrub. You can apply them separately and leave them on for 10 to 15 minutes as well
- Once you’re done with your Henna, leave it on for as long as you can. Apply a mixture of sugar and lemon to help it stick longer. Once it’s dried and off, apply any warming balm such as Vicks or other to intensify the colour. Throw a few sticks of clove and warm your hands over the smoke to bring out the rich colour.
Remember, no amount of techniques can replace the power of consistency. Be regular with just one of the tips maybe, but do. You’ll see the results over time.
Now, the day is here. You’re about to get ready and look your best. Here are a few add-ons you can include in your preparations to look different from the crowd.
- Pick out your best outfit. After paying attention to your beauty for a week before the day, it is important to work out your outfit with proper accessories too. The quintessential fabulous saree or lehenga will work miracles for your look on this propitious day.
- For women, who want to stay traditional yet stylish, opt for an Indo-western outfit like a dhoti saree.
- All other remedies, like waxing, pedicure, and manicure must be done before you go for the Mehendi application or the final makeup.
- Nail art over Mehendi can step up the look of your Mehendi decorated hands.
- Since it’s all traditional, go for fashionable knots. If you are intending to tie your hair in a hair bun, using fancy and pretty juda pins can make your bob look beautiful and elegant. Soft curls or waves will look good with your attire as well.
- Leave the reds and maroons out this time. Opt for different shades that are trending. You can try anything like grey, blue, green, or almond; suit yourself.
- Wing that liner out. Don’t feel hesitant about your make up (make sure you choose the right foundation). Apply that blush and cover your lids with a smokey eye-do.
- Apply matte and lasting lip stains to keep your lipsticks on after the entire day. For glossy lipsticks, cover the lips with a tissue paper and dab baby powder with a brush all over them to remove excess which might bleed out from the sides.
Now, ladies, enjoy your day. Look good and feel good.